Solidus Capital helps the Indian companies in following feasible collaborations:
- (i) Technical Collaboration: It is a contract wherein developed country agrees to provide technical know-how, assistance, sophisticated machinery to the developing country by undertaking “Innovation, Research & Development activities” at a competitive price.
- (ii) Marketing Collaboration: It is an agreement whereby the foreign collaborator agrees to market the products of the domestic company in the international market by promoting exports. This creates value for customers and builds strong customer relationship.
- (iii) Financial Collaboration: It is where the foreign company agrees to provide capital or financial assistance to the domestic company.
- (iv) Consultancy Collaboration: It is collaboration for providing professional service/advice in areas like management, accountancy, human resource, marketing, finance etc. to the domestic company vide the following structures:
- Joint Ventures: It takes place when two parties come together to undertake one project. They agree to share capital, technology, human resources, risks and rewards under an entity under shared control.
- Amalgamations: It is a growth strategy where two or more companies come together to form a new company. The companies lose their individual identity. For e.g. one company is called ABC, another is BCD. Now, ABC and BCD both are running in loss. So these two companies agree to amalgamate and a new company ABCD is formed.
- Mergers: When two/more companies merge into one company, one company loses its identity. It is an arrangement whereby the assets of two companies become vested under the control of one company. Merger happens when two firms, often, of about the same size, agree to go forward as a single new company rather than remaining separately owned and operated.
- Take-over/Acquisition: This is a growth strategy in which a strong company acquires all the assets and liabilities of another company and clearly establishes itself as the new owner. The owner loses ownership and control of the company.